Atal Mission For Rejuvenation And Urban Transformation
- Ensure that every household has access to a tap with the assured supply of water and a sewerage connection.
- Increase the amenity value of cities by developing greenery and well maintained open spaces (e.g. parks) and
- Reduce pollution by switching to public transport or constructing facilities for non-motorized transport (e.g. walking and cycling).
- All these outcomes are valued by citizens, particularly women, and indicators and standards have been prescribed by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA ) in the form of Service Level Benchmarks (SLBs).
- Water Supply
- Sewerage and septage management
- Storm Water Drainage to reduce flooding
- Non-motorized Urban Transport
- Green space/parks
The components of the AMRUT consist of capacity building, reform implementation, water supply, sewerage and septage management, storm water drainage, urban transport and development of green spaces and parks. During the process of planning, the Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) will strive to include some smart features in the physical infrastructure components.
- Should be an Indian Citizen
- This is an open scheme and there is no eligibility required for the scheme.
- Five hundred cities have been selected under AMRUT.
- Water supply systems including augmentation of existing water supply, water treatment plants and universal metering.
- Rehabilitation of old water supply systems, including treatment plants.
- Decentralised, networked underground sewerage systems, including augmentation of existing sewerage systems and sewage treatment plants.
- Rehabilitation of old sewerage system and treatment plants.
- Faecal Sludge Management- cleaning, transportation and treatment in a cost-effective manner.
- Mechanical and biological cleaning of sewers and septic tanks and recovery of operational cost in full.
Storm Water Drainage
- Construction and improvement of drains and storm water drains in order to reduce and eliminate flooding.
- Ferry vessels for inland waterways (excluding port/bay infrastructure) and buses.
- Footpaths/walkways, sidewalks, foot over-bridges and facilities for non-motorised transport (e.g. bicycles).
- Multi-level parking.
Green space and parks
- Development of green space and parks with special provision for child-friendlycomponents.
How to Apply
- The applicant need not apply for the scheme.
- Projects will be executed by Urban Local Bodies (ULBs).
- In case the ULBs do not have adequate capacity to handle projects, the State Government may recommend in State Annual Action Plan (SAAP), upon a Resolution passed by the ULB, for the execution of the projects by specialized parastatal agencies of the State or Central Governments. Such arrangements should necessarily be executed by way of a tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) amongst the State Government, the specialized Parastatal agencies and the concerned Municipality.
- In such a case, the capacity of the ULBs will be augmented through the capacity-building component of the AMRUT. The maintenance and upkeep of the created assets will be the responsibility of the ULB and the State Government.