The Ayushman Mitra initiative is now being extended to another flagship scheme of the Government of India – Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission Under the ABDM, we’re building a digital health ecosystem for the country. The Ayushman Mitra volunteers can help everyone and anyone in the country to connect to ABDM by creating their Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA) online.
Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY) is a scheme to provide health cover or health insurance of up to INR 5 lakh per family per year for certain beneficiaries. Like ABDM, it is also implemented by the National Health Authority. AB PM-JAY is leveraging the platform of ABDM, so that its delivery becomes more efficient and transparent. Similarly, any other such scheme or health programme can leverage the common building blocks or design of ABDM so that its efficiency can improve. The integration of ABDM with AB PM-JAY is like its integration with any other digital health system such as the one of NIKSHAY (antiTB programme), CoWIN (COVID vaccination portal), hospitals, etc. Apart from this integration, both the schemes have different goals. Thus, they are two different schemes being implemented by the same authority/office. However, AB PM-JAY has digital linkages with ABDM which enables effective quality and continuum of care.
How any one can check their Eligibility :
and download the list of eligible beneficiaries of a city/village
• Speak to our executives at 24×7 Toll-Free Number 14555
• Visit nearest Common Service Centre (CSC) or PM-JAY
• Visit mera.pmjay.gov.in or download AB PM-JAY Mobile App
• Inform beneficiaries about their rights under the scheme
Process to become Ayushman mitra
- Log on to the ABDM Ayushman Mitra Portal – https://pmjay.gov.in/ayushman-mitra
- Enter your mobile number and Aadhar card number
- Enter the OTP received for mobile number verification
- Enter the OTP received for Aadhar e-KYC
- Your Ayushman Mitra ID is generated
- You can use this Ayushman Mitra ID as User ID for login to the web portal and access the dashboard.
How you can help ABDM Benificiaries ?
- Create awareness about Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM)
- Help them make their ABHA online
- For beneficiaries who do not have Aadhaar linked mobile number, guide them to a listed ABDM facility nearby (https://facility.abdm.gov.in/searc)
- Help the beneficiaries download ABHA App on their mobile phones (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.ndhm.phr)(https://facility.abdm.gov.in/search)
- Show them how they can scan, upload and save old health records using the ABHA App
- Show them how they can search and add existing health records from different registered facilities like COWIN in their phones
- Tell them the difference between ABHA and Golden Card (Ayushman Card)
- Clearly communicate that ABHA does not give any financial benefits.
How you can you become a part of ABDM ecosystem
- You can become a part of the ABDM ecosystem by registering or integrating yourself in respective capacity. E.g.- citizens/individuals/patients, healthcare professionals such as doctors of all systems of medicines, nurses, paramedics etc., healthcare facilities such as hospitals, clinics, laboratories, radiology centers, pharmacies, digital health solution providers, etc. For understanding how you can register/integrate into the ecosystem in your respective capacity as a stakeholder, please click on the relevant question in respective chapter.
2. Registration in the ABDM system is free of cost. There is no fee required for any registration.