Deen Dayal Upadhyay – Gramin Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY)
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) aims to skill rural youth who are poor and provide them with jobs having regular monthly wages or above the minimum wages. It is one of the cluster of initiatives of the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India that seeks to promote rural livelihoods. It is a part of the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM) – the Mission for poverty reduction called Aajeevika. The scheme will benefit more than 55 million poor rural youth who are ready to be skilled by providing sustainable employment.
It is a market-led, placement linked skill development program for providing wage employment to rural poor youth. skilling program for rural youth has now been refocused and re-prioritized to build the capacity of rural poor youth to address the needs of domestic and global skill requirements.
The Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana is one of the initiatives set by the Ministry of Rural Development to promote rural livelihoods, and provide monthly wages or above minimum wage jobs. The initiative also contributes to the ‘Make in India’ campaign launched by the Prime Minister.
- Should be an Indian Citizen
- Between the ages of 15 and 35 years, are eligible for the training programs.
- For women and other vulnerable groups like persons with disabilities, the upper age limit is relaxed to 45 years.
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) aims to skill rural youth who are poor and provide them with jobs having regular monthly wages or above the minimum wages
- Enable Poor and Marginalized to Access Benefits – Demand led skill training at no cost to the rural poor.
- Inclusive Program Design – Mandatory coverage of socially disadvantaged groups (SC/ST 50%; Minority 15%; Women 33%)
How to Apply
- A candidate should first enroll himself/herself with Gram Rozgar Sewak or the Gram Panchayat.
- After contacting the nearby training center, a candidate should collect all the information regarding the trade and the training center that provides the training.
- Lastly, the applicant should visit the Kaushal Panjee official website – https://kaushalpanjee.nic.in/ and fill in all the details for registration.