Mahatma jyotirao Phule Jan Arogya Yojana ( MJPJAY )
SCHEME OBJECTIVE:To provide cashless quality medical care to beneficiaries under the scheme for catastrophic illnesses requiring hospitalization for surgeries and therapies under identified specialty services through network of health care providers.
Toll free Number 18002332200
Mahatma Jyotirao Phule Jan Arogya Yojana (MJPJAY):Mahatma Jyotirao Pule Jan Arogya Yojana is a flagship health insurance scheme of Government of Maharashtra.
The scheme provides end to end cashless services for identified diseases through a network of service providers from Government and Private sector.
The scheme earlier was known as Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayee Arogya Yojana which was started from 2nd July,2012 in eight districts and then was expanded to 28 districts of Maharashtra from 21st November, 2013.
1209 packages include bed charges in General ward, Nursing and boarding charges, Surgeons and Anesthetists charges, Medical Practitioner and Consultants fees, Oxygen, O.T. & ICU Charges, Cost of Surgical Appliances, Cost of Drugs, disposables, consumables, implants, Cost of Prosthetic Devices, Cost of Blood Transfusion (Blood to be provided as per policy of State Government), X-Ray and Diagnostic Tests,
Food to inpatient, one time transport cost by State Transport or second class rail fare (from Hospital to residence of patient only).
The package covers the entire cost of treatment of patient from date of reporting to his discharge from hospital including complications if any, making the transaction truly cashless to the patient.
In instance of death, the carriage of dead body from network hospital to the village/ township would also be part of package.
check Hospitals on Tollfree Contact no 155388
- All eligible families shall be identified with valid Yellow, Orange, Antyodaya, and Annapurna ration card (irrespective of date of issue of Ration Card or the inclusion of the beneficiary’s name therein) coupled with any Photo ID proof (as finalized by the Society).
- Eligibility for farmers from 14 agriculturally distressed districts of Maharashtra will be decided based on white ration card with 7/12 extract bearing the name of the beneficiary / head of the family or certificate from the nearest Revenue Officer stating that the beneficiary is a farmer or a family member of farmer with valid photo ID proof of the beneficiary.
- Eligibility of beneficiaries shall be decided on the basis of any identity card / health card or any other identification mechanism as decided by the State Health Assurance Society (SHAS).
- The scheme provides coverage for meeting all expenses relating to hospitalization of beneficiary up to ₹ 1,50,000/- per family per policy year. For Renal Transplant this limit has been enhanced up to ₹ 2,50,000 per family per policy year.
- The benefit is available to each and every member of the family on floater basis i.e. the total coverage of ₹ 1.5 lakh or ₹ 2.5 lakh as the case may be, can be availed by one individual or collectively by all members of the family in the policy year.
- This is a package medical insurance scheme to cover hospitalization for Medical and Surgical procedures through cashless treatment in respect of the following 34 identified specialties. MJPJAY beneficiary gets benefit of 996 Medical and Surgical procedures with 121 follow up procedures
How to Apply
- There is no need to apply in advance
- Compulsory documents for general public : Yellow or Orange Compulory and Adhaar card
- In case of any emergency wihtout informing hospital authorities, Family with Orange Ration card and adhaar card can reach at listed Network hospitals and can avail treatments, subject to availibility of beds.
- The Arogyamitra at the network hospitals examines valid ration cards and Photo ID and enrolls the patient along with registration
- The Network Hospital shall provide free follow-up consultation, diagnostics, and medicines under the scheme up to 10 days from the date of discharge.Important Links :1) To Get Speciality wise and District Wise Hospital List Click the Link ( Click for search options )2) Specialitywise Hospitals List Click the Link :