Street vendors represent a very important constituent of the urban informal economy and play a significant role in ensuring availability of the goods and services at affordable rates at the door-step of the city dwellers. They are known as vendors, hawkers, thelewala, rehriwala, theliphadwala etc. in different areas/ contexts. The goods supplied by them include vegetables, fruits, ready-to-eat street food, tea, pakodas, breads, eggs, textile, apparel, footwear, artisan products, books/ stationary etc. The services include barber shops, cobblers, pan shops, laundry services etc.
The COVID-19 pandemic and consequent lockdowns have adversely impacted the livelihoods of street vendors. They usually work with a small capital base and might have consumed the same during the lockdown. Therefore, there is an urgent need to provide credit for working capital to street vendors to resume their business.
- Should be an Indian Citizen
- Street vendors in possession of Certificate of Vending / Identity Card issued by Urban Local Bodies (ULBs); (Govt. funded).
- The vendors, who have been identified in the survey but have not been issued Certificate of Vending / Identity Card.
- To facilitate working capital loan up to 10,000. pension jointly.
- To incentivize regular repayment.
- To reward digital transactions.
How to Apply
- Visit the official website of the PM SVANidhi Scheme.
- Click on the ‘Apply for LoR’ button provided at the top of the homepage.
- Enter your mobile number and hit the ‘Request OTP’ button.
- Enter the OTP received on your Aadhar-linked mobile number and click on ‘Verify’