Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) was launched in 2015 to encourage and promote skill development inthe country by providing free short duration skill training and incentivizing this by providing monetary rewards to youth for skill certification.The aim of the PMKVY scheme is to encourage aptitude towards employable skills and to increase working efficiency of probable and existing daily wage earners, by giving monetary awards and rewards and by providing quality training to them. Average award amount per person has been kept as ₹8,000 (US$100).
After the successful implementation of PMKVY (2015-16) and learnings from the past, PMKVY 2.0 (2016-20) was launched by scaling up sectors, geographies and by greater alignment with other missions / programs of Government of India such as ‘Make in India’, ‘Digital India’ and ‘Swachh Bharat Mission’. PMKVY 2.0 is being implemented since 15th July 2016 and was scheduled to be completed by 31st March 2020. The scheme has been extended for one year for skilling of migrant workers.
- Should be an Indian Citizen
- 12th class dropouts or 10th pass students can enroll in PMKVY to develop their skill set.
- Applicable for any candidate of Indian nationality who is of age between 18-45 years
- Create an ecosystem for the youth to make informed choices on the available skilling avenues.
- Provide support to youth for skill training and certification.
- Promote sustainable Skill Centres for greater participation of private sector.
- Benefit 8 lakh youth over the scheme period (2020-21).
How to Apply
- Check your eligibility to enrol under the PMKVY scheme.
- Visit the official website of the scheme at this link: http://www.pmkvyofficial.org/
- Click on the ‘Quick Links’ option in the home page.
- Select ‘Skill India’ from the quick links given.
- On the Skill India page, click on the ‘Register as a Candidate’ option
- Fill in the details required in the registration form on the online portal
- Click on ‘Submit.’