Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)
The Scheme is available to people in the age group 18 to 70 years with a bank account who give their consent to join / enable auto-debit on or before 31st May for the coverage period 1st June to 31st May on an annual renewal basis. Aadhar would be the primary KYC for the bank account.
The risk coverage under the scheme isRs.2 lakh for accidental death and full disability and Rs. 1 lakh for partial disability. The premium of Rs. 20 per annum is to be deducted from the account holder’s bank account through ‘auto-debit’ facility in one installment. The scheme is being offered by Public Sector General Insurance Companies or any other General Insurance Company who are willing to offer the product on similar terms with necessary approvals and tie up with banks for this purpose.
- Should be an Indian Citizen
- In the age group 18 to 70 years
- Having Jandhan or saving bank account with Aadhaar.
- Auto-debit from bank account on consent
- The risk coverage under the scheme is Rs. 2 lakh for accidental death and full disability and Rs. 1 lakh for partial disability.
- Premium @ 20/- year
How to Apply
- You can enrol yourself for the PMSBY by approaching an affiliated bank or an insurance company.
- The Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana form or the PMSBY form can also be downloaded from the government’s Jansuraksha website.