Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP)
The scheme is implemented by Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) functioning as the nodal agency at the national level. At the state level, the scheme is implemented through State KVIC Directorates, State Khadi and Village Industries Boards (KVIBs), District Industries Centres (DICs) and banks. In such cases KVIC routes government subsidy through designated banks for eventual disbursal to the beneficiaries / entrepreneurs directly into their bank accounts.
The maximum cost of the project/unit admissible in manufacturing sector is ₹ 25 lakhs and in the business/service sector, it is 10 lakhs. Categories of Beneficiary’s Rate of subsidy under PMEGP (of project cost) Area (location of project/unit) General category 15%(Urban), 25%(Rural), Special 25%(Urban), 35%(Rural) (including SC/ ST/ OBC/ Minorities/Women, Ex-servicemen, Physically handicapped, NER, Hill and Border areas, etc.) The balance amount of the total project cost will be provided by the banks in the form of term loan and working capital.
- Should be an Indian Citizen
- Any individual, above 18 years of age.
- At least VIII standard pass for projects costing above Rs.10 lakh in the manufacturing sector and above Rs. 5 lakh in the business / service sector
- Scheme for providing financial assistance to set up new enterprises
How to Apply
- The State/Divisional Directors of KVIC in consultation with KVIB and Director of Industries of respective states (for DICs) will give advertisements locally through print & electronic media inviting applications along with project proposals from prospective beneficiaries desirous of establishing the enterprise/ starting of service units under PMEGP.
- The beneficiaries can also submit their application online https://tinyurl.com/yc8859zu and take the printout of the application and submit the same to respective offices along with Detailed Project Report and other required documents.