Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban 2.0
- Community toilets
- Public toilets
- Solid waste management
- IEC & Public Awareness
- Capacity building and Administrative & Office Expenses (A&OE)
Urban (SBM-U) was launched during October, 2014 with the objectives of making entire urban areas of the country Open Defecation Free (ODF) and for scientific management of the entire Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) generated. In order to carry forward the progress made under SBM-U, the next phase i.e., SBM-U 2.0 has been launched. Under SBM – Urban 2.0, Central Share funds are released for construction of Individual Household Latrines, Community Toilets/Public Toilets, Used Water Management, Solid Waste Management, Information, Education and Communication & Behaviour Change and Capacity Building, Skill Development & Knowledge Management components.
Since inception of SBM-U in 2014, a total of 62.81 lakh Individual Household Latrines (IHHLs) units and 6.36 lakh Community Toilet/Public Toilet (CT/PT) have been constructed under the Mission. Out of total 92,634 wards, a total of 89,699 wards are practicing 100% door-to-door collection of waste and 83,487 wards are following 100% source segregation. As on date, out of total waste generated, a total of 75% of waste is processed.
To carry forward the momentum generated by AMRUT, AMRUT 2.0 is launched on October 2021 aimed to provide ease of living to all the citizens living in urban areas through undertaking large infrastructure projects & reforms. So far, State Water Action Plans comprising 6,527 projects worth ₹1,29,636 Cr. (incl. O&M) have been approved by Apex Committee at MoHUA. These include 2,996 water supply projects worth ₹87,896 crore, 447 Sewerage/Septage Management projects worth ₹37,636 crore & 982 Parks/ Green Spaces Development projects worth ₹439 crore. Out of approved projects, so far 20 projects worth ₹103.99 cr. have been completed and work is in progress in 633 projects worth ₹5634.55 cr.
- Any household that does not have access to an individual household toilet ( 80% of urban households engaging in open defecation) or has an insanitary toilet.
- Rs – 6667 (in Andhra Pradesh ,Bihar, Chhattisgarh ,Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Jharkhand, Karnataka ,Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra ,Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal),
- Rs – 12,000 (in Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Assam)
- Rs – 5333 (in Union Territories) is provided for Toilet Construction
How to Apply
- Applicant creates an Applicant Login ID by registering on IHHL using Name , Mobile Number , Email , Address , ID Type, ID Number.
- After successful login the applicant enters the following details
- In Geographical Particulars (State, District, ULB Name, Ward No.)
- Toilet Owner’s Particulars (Name*, Gender*, Father/ Husband’s Name*, Mobile No*, Residential Address*, Status of Existing Toilet, Aadhar Linked Transfer of Incentive, Aadhar Number, Bank Account Detail*, Photograph*)
- After successful submission of Application, An IHHL Application Acknowledgement slip is generated with Application ID and Bank Account Detail